My Photo

search the juice

January 2008

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    

traffic


  • Food & Drink Blog Top Sites

« Lichen Rock | Main | the Top3 20June-10July »

10 July 2005

One Final WBW11 Contribution

One of my favorite wine-bloggers, Bill the Caveman (who hasn't updated his blog in a long while due to his addiction to Rolling Stones bootlegs), sent me his contribution.  I'm posting it here, because this sounds like quite an interesting wine & food pairing.

Deiss_eg00Direct from the Caveman:

"I tried, i made the dinner , i drank the bottle, but alas.. too much to do to blog it properly... so i am mailing it in... Engelgarten 2000 from Marcel Deiss.. 70% Riesling with the other 30% Pinot Blanc and Pinot Gris. Engelgarten (the vineyard) is very pebbly so this Alsace drinks like a Mosel, and is vinified in a similar fashion. Worked superbly with roulades of salmon, broiled with sesame seeds and served on a bed of thinly sliced cucumbers... Yummy!"

Now if I can only convince Bill to provide us the recipe for the roulades of salmon..

And an interesting fun fact:  Engelgarten (the vineyard) = Angel Garden

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
https://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d83452253e69e200d8351c3a7553ef

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference One Final WBW11 Contribution:

Comments

The comments to this entry are closed.

site sponsors

Vino Voyeur

ads

subscribe

cc