The recent fork-jab inducing top 10 wines ordered during '05 in US restaurants got me thinking. What are the top 5 summer wines I've sampled since the summer equinox (6/21)? Here they are - let's let Casey count 'em down:
- Hirsch 'Heiligenstein' Riesling 2005 (imported by Skurnik Wines)
- Marquis de la Tour Rose (imported by Palm Bay Imports)
- Hidalgo 'La Gitana' Manzanilla Sherry (Never tried Sherry? - you're really missing something)
- Principiano 'Sant' Anna' Dolcetto d'Alba 2004 (imported by Vias)
- Högl 'Ried Schön' Smaragd Grüner Veltliner 2005 (imported by Winemonger)
Tell me - do you have a top 5/top 3/top 10 for summer '06? We're also accepting long-distance dedications.
Technorati Tags: wine