Admit it. You fantasize about being a vineyard baron. Each morning you wake up, survey your vineyards; then step down to the cellar and greet the barrels of fermenting wine. Your Rhone blend - spiced with a touch of Petit Sirah - has turned California's wine society upside down. You've out-maneuvered the movers and shakers to produce the most sought-after wine in all the land.
Then you wake up and remember its garbage day. No more winemaking fantasies. The drudgery of life is calling.
Don't despair, the Basic Juice Crew* is here! B.Juice has teamed up with the fine folks at Crushpad to make those dreams of winemaking glamour a reality. I would like to offer 25 of you the chance to help me produce the inaugural vintage of Basic Juice Red (BJR - we can work on a catchier name later), a 3-varietal blend (Grenache, Syrah, Petit Sirah) from the Eaglepoint vineyard in Mendocino, Northern California. If you can commit to purchasing one case of wine (at ~$18/bottle) then you'll be able to participate in producing a barrel-full of blog-powered wine. As part of The Juice Crew you'll be able to:
- Sample various combinations of our 3-varietal blend with a Crushpad blending kit.
- Create a name for our wine (Basic Juice Red isn't going to cut it)
- Work with our very own graphic designer (that would be you, Ms. Pizzuto) to come up with the wine world's most unique label design (no pressure).
- Review the wine and pair it with your own recipe to be published in our Basic Juice Red Wiki (again, the name will change).
So what say ye, fellow winos err, wine enthusiasts? Drop me a line to reserve your spot in The Juice Crew. Space is limited to 25.
Here's how to join the crew:
- Visit Crushnet and register (free, painless, etc., etc.)
- Select 'Groups' and in the description field, type: basic juice crew
- Click 'find groups'
- Once you've found us, click, 'join this group'
- Voila! You're now down with the Juice Crew
And to those of you who are podcastophiles and fans of the custom crush concept, check out this interview with Crushpad prez, Michael Brill (via Cellar Rat).
*apologies (& much respect) to the original Juice Crew)