Thank you to all the 'Where's Wino?' contributors. Now on to the contest. Here's how it works:
- Submit your best guess for each of the 19 mystery wines. Your guess need only contain each wine's origin (i.e. New York, Oregon, Italy, Washington state, Spain, France). If you wish to take a stab at the wine's specific appellation (e.g. Bordeaux, Veneto, etc.) go for it!
- Submit your guesses via email. The deadline for submissions is Saturday, 21 October.
- The winner gets her/his choice of a copy of "What to Drink with What you Eat" or the supersecret mystery prize.
- In the event of a tie, the co-champs will have a best-of-three mystery wine smackdown.
- Anyone can participate in the contest.
Links to mystery wines:
#1 Sharp, Citrussy Acidity
#2 Deep Red, Beautiful
#3 Blueberries, Faint Raspberries
#4 Dark Fruits, Hints of Earth Notes of Smoke
#5 Notes of Smoke
#6 Oakey Nose
#7 Charcoal and Spice
#8 Mild Blue Cheese Notes
#9 Quite Honeyed
#10 Immensely Buzzy Mouthfeel
#11 Kinda Light Golden
#12 Rustic Blackberry
#13 Plummy and Rich
#15 Restrained Blueberry Fruit
#16 Slight Greenish Tint
#17 Subtle, Clean Mineral Edge
#18 A Lick of Licorice
#19 Unexpectedly Rich Finish
A helpful hint - #19 is not a Spanish red.
Now get guessing!